An email list can be a tremendous inroad to generating new business leads. These lists can include email names and other important information that will give you an insight of the audience you are dealing with to better understand how you present your approach.
Email listing can be tailored to different sectors: business-related, consumer or public forums. When compiling your list for email alerts it is important to systematically assess the important factors that need to be considered. Factors such as:
- Who or what is your target audience? Subjects such as finance, for example, may meet your criteria, or may be too broad a topic to fine tune your aims
- Which regions do you intend to cover? If you are offering a product or service that is reliant on high transport or delivery costs, you would have to narrow down the area. On the other hand if the material is easy and cheap to send-it’s a big world out there and an even bigger market
- Are you offering specific purchase or rental options?-again geographic spread may be important. If costs of distribution are sizeable and you still want to stretch your exposure, you may want to add extra delivery charges.
- Is your website (if you are making reference to it in your email list distribution) up to a good standard? Good graphic design, easy access to internal pages and good content are very important to the would-be client who has taken the trouble to actually go to your site.
- Have you capacity to handle possible new business from your campaign? This may sound to be a little frivolous, but there is nothing worse than to have eager clients wishing to buy and then having to quote long delivery dates!
A good quality email list should be a recently-prepared set of data and contain carefully grouped contacts who have a shared interest in the commodity you are aiming to market. As most of the reputable listings only include recipients who acknowledged they are prepared to be updated with marketing information in a given field, this considerably enhances the potential results you will get from the process. If these factors are met, the next important aspect is to get your sales content to have the best impact. It should be clear what you are offering, what the advantages are of doing business with you: price, quality, delivery, money back conditions, after sales service, guarantees and so on. Traditional values of honesty, good value, professionalism and supplier loyalty all play a major part in giving your campaign a genuine chance of success. Delicate wording, such as insinuating that even if the client may not be currently interested in the product or service offered, the sender would like to retain the person on the email list to receive future email alerts that may be of interest at that time. Email marketing, if constructed on the right lines, can be one of the most effective ways of augmenting your business.
Here are some great articles on how to have a proper email list marketing campaign: http://www.emaillist.com/
Copyright © 2010 Email Point. All Rights Reserved